Thursday, July 31, 2008

So what song is going through YOUR head?


Prism is coming to Ottawa next week, and Bill Welychka is going to interview the boys in the band. So several of us here in the A-Channel (soon to be 'A") News centre have been singing about a solar-powered laser beam guitar for the past hour or so.

Every night is a different flight to a different galaxy
Do a sold-out show, then I hit the road in my starship limousine

Get so damned tired and uninspired doin' all these one night stands
It's a giant leap for Rock'n'Roll...but it's too much for just one man

I'm a Spaceship Superstar... gotta solar-powered laser beam guitar
I'm at the top of all the charts on Mars...I'm a Spaceship Superstar!

On Mercury, they're crazy about my stellar rock'n'roll
And I always sell out in advance at the Martian Astrobowl

The fans, they swarm like meteorites to our concerts on the moon
You should have seen us knock'em dead on Venus doin' all our favorite tunes

I'm a Spaceship Superstar...gotta solar-powered laser beam guitar
I'm at the top of all the charts on Mars...I'm a Spaceship Superstar!

9 comments:

John Mielke Photography said...

Damn! Sorry I'm gonna miss that show!

As I said on the air just a few months ago, I thought they were singing "I've got a soda pop and laser beam guitar."

LOL

I still remember hearing VIRGINIA for the first time in my uncle's Dodge Dart... with his girlfriend named... Virigina!

Bob said...

Vir-gin-yah! Love me like you do. Love me like you do. Like you do, like you do, like you do, like you do, like you do.

THAT one?

John Mielke Photography said...

Virginia, Virginia don't gooooooooo...

THAT one.

JM

Maria said...

ummmmm who is Prism??

JB said...

Oh, Maria.
For shame.
Prism?
The group with only one legitimate hit? (Spaceship Superstar)
...and you don't know 'em?
Just because they're from the 70's, and you're, like ...only 30-something?

tsk tsk.

(I hope she figures out that this is sarcasm)

Maria said...

yeah... its all good!

Anonymous said...

Ah, "Virginia" -- so that's who Prism is. Wake me up when the Starlight Vocal Band come to town.

Bob said...

That's StarLAND Vocal Band, XUP.

I wonder what The Poppy Family is up to lately?

Anonymous said...

Sigh...who is Prism? Geepers it's depressing when someone makes you feel old. And I'm with XUP. I was sure it was Starlight Vocal Band. But, I am not going to argue the point. After all, I am old and likely senile.