Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Prettiest picture ever of Coffee, the Prettiest Cat Ever


This beautiful creature never fails to keep me amused, and throws in the odd surprise once in a while, too.
One thing she has never done -- until now -- is to bring me any of her toys. I will throw a ball or a mouse around and she'll beat it up and leave it for me to throw again, but she has never brought a toy to me.
I had human company this week that included a three-month-old baby. On Monday night, Teigen was in his little chair on the living room floor, and I was sitting on the floor having a great discussion with him, about what a great gig being a baby is. Coffee had checked him out a few times, just looking at him in his chair and then walking away, very arrogant cat-style. Then as Teigen and I were in the middle of our conversation, Coffee walked up to me, bumped me with her head, and dropped a mouse on the floor beside me.
I got the message loud and clear: "He's okay, Daddy, but enough about him. It's time to pay attention to moi."
I also brought Coffee to the vet for her annual check-up and needle today. She's in top health. But it was traumatic for her. She wouldn't let me put her in her pet carrier, so I carried her. She meowed all the way to the vet's (less than a five-minute drive), and was on needles and pins until I brought her back into our house.
This is my first experience with cat ownership, and after 15 months, I'm still amazed by this beautiful creature.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, Coffee is beautiful. She looks a bit like Marcus, my male black cat.:)

Anonymous said...

Ya, cats don't much like going anywhere -- especially not to the vet or in a car or in a pet carrier and especially not all 3 at once. Sometimes I'm not even sure it's worth dragging them off to the vet all the time.