Monday, February 11, 2008

You try to help the environment...

...but sometimes ya gotta wonder if it's worth it.
I've dramatically cut down on my plastic bag consumption. I have bought three of those sturdy, reuseable bags. And whether it's a grocery store, pharmacy or department store, when I have only a few small items, I take them without a bag -- just the receipt, so I don't get nailed for shoplifting. Heck, I might even have to start buying kitchen-sized garbage bags!

But then, something happens like what happened tonight.
I went to Quizno's to get some supper. The weird-looking kid with all the hair shoved under his Quizno's hat started putting my sandwich in a bag, so I asked him not to. "Sure, Man," he says, hands me the sandwich, and puts the bag in the garbage can. I COULD HAVE DONE THAT!

Sheesh.

10 comments:

Maria said...

I just want to know is "Quiznos" any good? I have seen it around and have not tried it yet. Is it similar to Subway or different?
Do they carry low fat sub? Do they only serve subs or other stuff too?

I want to know. Really I do.

Anonymous said...

Subway is okay, but I think Quiznos is better. I'm not sure about all that low-fat stuff. There are salads, too.

When it first came to Canada, Quiznos was way too expensive. But now it's comparable to the other places.

aandjblog said...

awesome.. i guess this guy isn't very concerned about the environment :S

Maria said...

So its basically subs and salads - right?

What do you recommend?

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed anything I've tried there.
Ya gotta laugh, though. They have a new, smaller, flatbread sandwich called a Sammie. You can get one for two bucks, or the extra value price of two for $3.99.

JB said...

If he'd already started to put the sandwich in the bag, he probably threw it in the garbage because it's a rule in his workplace. Can't actually use the bag again, or let the bag touch someone else's sandwich, because they might have allergies to something on your sandwich, etc.
Would you want someone else's rejected/used sandwich bag?
However, if he didn't have the sandwich even close to the bag, then maybe he was doing it so you've have something to piss you off today - and ultimately write about on your blog.

Ma Horton said...

Did I miss my baby Bobby's big B - day ??

Anonymous said...

Yep.
*Sniff*

Bobbycakes

P.S. I'm posting under anonymous, because I can't figure out this friggin' new password thing that blogger has implemented. WTF?

Ma Horton said...

Will you friggin' make a new post ! You must have figured out the password crap by now . I missed my boy's 50th ... WAHHHHH !!

Sean Newbury said...

what's all the password brouhaha I keep hearing and seeing people post about?... nothing has changed for me....