Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Another reason to like Wally World... besides bum pads, of course

So I was at my local WalMart yesterday. It's only been open for a couple years in this location, and just finished a major expansion to become a Supercentre, complete with a full-service grocery store.

Now, being the proud Canadian, supporter of the working guy/gal, not to mention iconoclast who should really be frowning at the largest retailer in the world, I try hard not to like WalMart. One thing that makes it difficult is my personal boycott of Zellers and all things belonging to HBC since the double fiasco last May with my washer/dryer and lamps (if you can't recall, check out my posts from late last May).
Anyway, to finally get to the point, my neighbourhood WalMart now has a Tim Hortons! That means you can get real coffee and real fast-type food other than McDonald's at the WalMart Supercentre! I can't do McDo -- it gives me the runs, really!

So bless Sam Walton's little timbits.

4 comments:

Ma Horton said...

You would be surprised the number of people who drink Mac coffee for free refills of the recycled dishwater .

Bob said...

There's no accounting for taste -- or lack thereof.

JB said...

Listen, sorry about your Sens, by the way. Obviously, there are some issues on the team, and their morale has been somehow kicked in the pills...and maybe not just the Emery thing. Possibly the end of Bryan Murray, too?
In any event, it sucks that another Canadian-based team (which I would say about anyone but Toronto) is out of the running.

Bob said...

Thanks. *sniff*
I'd like to hear what John Muckler is thinking right about now, deposed so that Murray could move up to the GM post.
Ultimately, a lot of blame has to rest on Murray's shoulders for giving the coaching job to Paddock in the first place, then not stepping in sooner to stop the Emery slide and to replace Paddock with someone with a personality.

But you know what? The sun rose this morning.