Sunday, October 26, 2008

I'm learning from Kitty

You'll be proud of me, Kitty.
This morning, there was a voicemail message awaiting me at the Assignment desk. It was from a sarcastic arsehole who called just before midnight last night, while evacuated from his apartment because of a suspicious package found in the building. He berated 'A' News as being number three in the market and a bunch of idiots, ending it by saying he would check with CBC today.
So I called him back this morning (thank Gawd our voicemail systems records the caller's number). You should have heard the nervous laughter when I identified himself and told him I didn't appreciate the tone of his call, but understood that he was in a stressful situation. He was amazed that I called back, and apologized. I pointed out to him that CBC doesn't even staff its newsroom on weekends, and that he would be lucky to even find a phone number for CBC or the local CTV station.
We ended the conversation sharing a laugh over the way police apparently handled the entire situation, ordering an evacuation, but some people ignored it, and leaving those who obeyed to freeze in the cold, damp night for over two hours.

I do believe you have emboldened me, Kitty. I also know that we should only use our Force for good, but can we use it for evil once in a while, just for shits 'n' giggles?

By the way, I met the fancy cat with the leopard spots last night. He's amazing!

7 comments:

Maria said...

Kitty & Bobby a TAG TEAM!!

Sean Newbury said...

Well BRA-VA BobbyCat! You dun good!

Got any pics of the Leopard Kitty?

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kitty...look at our little Bobbie...they grow up so fast, don't they?

Bob said...

Sorry, I didn't have my own camera with me at the Halloween party. (It was the cat's people who hosted the party). Would you believe, his name is Donkey?

Sean Newbury said...

that's a horrid name for a cat. I'm calling the SPCA!

Ma Horton said...

Bobby blew his what ?

Ma Horton said...

..oh top .