Thursday, December 07, 2006

I struck out with the teaching job

"...unfortunately, I don't have good news... strong pool of candidates... yada yada yada."

Crap! Talk about a rude awakening at 10:20 am for a guy working night shift.

But I do hope you have a nice day. Now if you'll pardon me, I'm going to wallow in my self-pity for a while. Feel free to chime in with some "now now, there there" and other ego-stroking words of condolence.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa: I need a double-double cyber hug!

6 comments:

John Mielke Photography said...

Crummy news, news dood.

Now now, there there.

Milky

N@ Lauzon said...

Oh, fart.

Their loss! I lost a big gig that I REALLYREALLYREALLYREALLY wanted a couple years ago. I didn't get it.

Then I met Corn.

Then I lost another big gig that I REALLYREALLYREALLYREALLY wanted. Then I met Flea. And good things happened in my job.

I can't wait to lose the next big gig!!

JB said...

Like I said before, you know you rocked it. You knew that day you had the interview, and you still know it. What's bothering you now is why they didn't 'see' it. They DID see it. They just picked someone else because of their familiarity - the candidate knew someone who knew someone, in other words. Happens all the time, in every occupation.
Remember that you were the best candidate, and you'll soon realize that they obviously weren't the best employer for you.
Onward and upward.

Bob said...

Thanks, Guys. I'm feeling much better now... although I could still use that double-double cyber hug from Ma.

Anonymous said...

Newsguy Bob, how about a triple triple kiss under the mistletoe?? I am free this year...xo

Ma Horton said...

Cyber, cyber ,cyber hug ... this gets a little lost in translation ..wouldn't a real one do ? One door closes another one opens . ( .. drat , I was having such cute fantasies of plaid school girl mini skirts and knee socks ..and that was YOU )