Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Silly melancholy feelings

I admit it: I'm a real moosh.
Today, I went back over to my old apartment to get the last few things out of it and clean it up a bit. I tell ya, I swept up enough cat hair to open a charity to make wigs for cats who have cancer.
Anyway, as much as I love my new place, I did really like that apartment, too. It was the nicest one I've ever had. So as I'm cleaning, I'm getting a bit melancholy -- not regretting the move, but just getting a little melcancholy.
Sweeping reminded me of Carol Burnett, and next thing you know, I'm singing "I'm so glad we've had this time together..." and picturing myself as her washer-woman character.
Yeah, I'm a moosh -- and a nutbar.

I'm just about at the point in the new place, where I am ready to take and post pics of the main floor, and maybe the master bedroom. Probably tomorrow night.

4 comments:

aandjblog said...

Ooo pictures! looking forward to it.

Maria said...

We hope pictures will come soon. WE have ALL been waiting.

I know the feeling of the sweeping up animal hair. When we dog sit our friends chocolate lab (which is often) the amount of dog hair in the house is insane. Lucky he likes the livingroom where he watches TV and most of the hair is in that room. Although, I am constantly sweeping while he is there when he leaves I do a full clean up of the livingroom and there is still alot of hair. Thank God for Swiffer Wetjet and leather sofas that are easy to clean.

Ma Horton said...

I know the feeling. That is how I felt about my first home where all the memories were and the kids grew up. I cried like a mooshy baby..even hugged my oak tree. The flood of memories started the flood of tears and I had to get out of there fast.
Yep ..know that moosh .

Bob said...

Little Bro Dan knows the mooshiness of his Big Bro quite well, too.
When he asked me to be his Best Man, I told him yes, but if he wanted one of his buddies or cousins, it would be fine with me.
"No," he said, "I asked you because I want you. Now don't start crying!"
By then, of course, I was just starting to mist up.
I'm okay with being in touch with my soft, gentle side.