Thursday, June 28, 2007

Soul2Soul Concert Review


Okay, my cyberpeeps. I'm just back from Scotiabank Place, and the Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Soul2Soul Tour concert.

I'm not much of a reviewer, but I can tell you that it was a fantastic show. Including opening act Lori McKenna, it was more than three hours of wall-to-wall music.

I actually went mostly to see Faith Hill, and while she did a great job in her solo set, I must admit to liking Tim McGraw's solo set better. And when they sing together, pow-er-full, babies.

One disappointment: Tim didn't sing the two sings I was really hoping for: "Red Ragtop" and "Tiny Dancer".

Catty comments: Faith was having a bad hair night. Static electricity gave her the frizzies, and when the big screens showed an overhead shot, it was evident that she needs her roots touched up. Plus, when she came back onstage to do an encore with Tim, her hair had a big couette on the left side. Sorry, I don't know the English term for it. I've always only known a stray chunk of hair that sticks out by the French term, and think it's spelled couette (pronounced kwett).

Cutest moment of the night: When one of their daughters (I'm thinking the oldest of the three, Gracie) came on stage to help her daddy finish the song that I think is called Angel's Wings.

I give it four Barbecue Stained T-Shirts out of a possible five.

Bob's Fantasies #1: Faith is staying with me at my place tonight.
Bob's Fantasies #2: I am so glad they didn't call me out of the crowd to sing with them. I just haven't practiced enough lately, so my performance would have been adequate at best.

3 comments:

Ma Horton said...

I wish I could have stayed longer to see that concert .I love Faith and Tim equally and I am sure they gave an awesome performance .Lucky you .I am a little bit country and a little bit rock and roll .

Sean Newbury said...

Misster-Kitty's Fantasy #1: Tim is staying with me at my place tonight.
Misster-Kitty's Fantasy #2: Tim is staying with me at my place for the weekend.
Misster-Kitty's Fantasy #3: Tim is staying with me at my place for ever.
:-)

Sounds like it was fun. I think they're both great. While Country ain't mah thang, I like em both. They are in the cross-over segment that is not too rock-pop or country. And I've seen them both interviewed, together and apart, and they seem like not only sincere NICE people but a damn solid couple.

Anonymous said...

Here is a review we did of the Tim McGraw and Faith Hill performance (Soul2Soul 2007) in Greensboro, NC on July 20th, 2007. Includes pics and video

http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=9154918#9154918