Wednesday, June 27, 2007

This is almost like holidays!

It's now almost 1:30 a.m. I have been finished work after a seven-day stint for almost two hours now. I don't work again until Saturday and Sunday, after which I have another three days off! Woo-hoo!

Tomorrow (Wed.) I'm going to the Faith Hill/Tim McGraw concert at Scotiabank Place. I read that they put on a three-hour show in Toronto on Monday night.

I've also decided that I'm going to start to play tourist in my own city. After living here for more than two years, there is really very little I have seen, or attractions, etc. that haven't seen in several years, when I really was a visitor. I'm going to check out the museums and galleries, act like a tourist in the ByWard Market instead of someone who works in a building there, and just experience this fabulous city. I might start later this week with a tour of the Diefenbunker. A guy I work with is also off this week, and wants me to go with him.

I already love Ottawa, and hope not to leave here until I retire in 15 1/2 years. Now, I intend to reiterate that love by really getting to know this city.

3 comments:

Ma Horton said...

Oh now you take a tour without me too !! Son of a net gun . I feel so stood up .

Maria said...

I need a vacation too!!

Bet Ottawa does not have a beach as nice as Punta Cana huh?? huh??????

JB said...

My Dad was born in B.C., so I got to visit the West Coast a lot as a kid...and I had never seen a city as pretty as Victoria until I got the chance many years later to visit Ottawa. It's a great town you've got there, Bob. Enjoy.